Yoga happens in the body as well as in the mind, no poses necessary!
Here are 5 easy ways to incorporate yoga into your workday. You don’t have to change your clothes, drive to a studio or even do poses!
- No gossip. All the time, every day, in every situation. If the gossip begins to rise up at the water cooler, politely excuse yourself.
- Working on a creative project? Listen to your favorite tunes, with headphones to respect your colleagues. In 2011, Finnish researchers found that when our brains process the characteristics and qualities of the various sounds in music, creativity is inspired.
- Enhance the quality of the air and decrease your stress with aromatherapy. Numerous studies have reported using essentials oils to alleviate stress. The most commonly used oils for stress relief? Bergamot, lavender and geranium. Pick up a small diffuser at your local health foods store, fill with water, add a few drops of your favorite essential oil and enjoy.
- Take a moment to stop and check in with your facial expression. Pause, relax all of the muscles in the face, breathe deeply for 10-20 breaths and return to your project.
- Consider the ancient teachings of the yamas and niyamas: do no harm, speak the truth, no stealing, don’t take more than you need and know when to let go.
Interested in learning more about yoga at the office? Ask about our Bliss Works program. Bliss Works is an extension of Inner Bliss Yoga Studios, offering off-site yoga services beyond the walls of our studios.
Bliss Works brings the incredible power of yoga practices to you, to enhance your life and work.