Happiness and productivity are not only related, they're practically indistinguishable.
Meditation is an easy form of mental training that calms the nervous system, including the mind, and leads to a sense of contentment. This feeling is directly linked to productivity.
According to the iOpener Institute, in a company with 1,000 employees, increasing happiness in the workplace yields the following:
- Reduction in cost of employee turnover by 46 percent
- Reduction in cost of sick leave by 19 percent
- Increase in performance and productivity by 12 percent
- Happier employees, compared with their less happy colleagues, spend 40 percent more time focused on tasks and feel energized 65 percent more of the time
- Happier employees also take six fewer sick days a year, and remain in their jobs twice as long